"Fushigi no Maria-kun" Chapter 5


We are now on the second volume of "Fushigi no Maria-kun"!  There are nine chapters total in this series. Hopefully we'll be able to finish it before the end of the year.  Haha! This is truly a challenging series. The redraws, translation, and typesetting are all horrendous.  But I think it's worth it. This story is very heartwarming and Shiina Dai's dialog is always a treat to translate.

I wish it could have released this chapter in April since it's a story about cherry blossom viewing.  My favorite part of this chapter is the conversation between Maria and Toko's father.  Toko's father, in general, is quite entertaining.  I can't quite figure out the dynamic between him and Maria's mother. In the Japanese it kinda reads vaguely like flirting...but why would he do that in front of his wife??? Haha, maybe I'm reading stuff into it that wasn't intended.

Anyhow, here's the link to the chapter:
Link to "Fushigi no Maria-kun" chapter 5:  (PDF)

Next Up!  Chapters 5 and 6 of "Rex Fabula"!  Speaking of "Rex Fabula", I have moved it and "Seigi no Mikata!" over to Omari's Sister.  I figured both series are well within being PG-13, so it's okay to post them here.  Plus, it's less work for me to actively maintain two blogs.  "Kemono Kingdom" and the one-shot will also be moved here.  "Servamp" will stay at Bakeneko's Lair because it is extremely violent (by my standards).

You can read the first 4 chapters of "Rex Fabula" here and the first two chapters of "Seigi no Mikata!" here.

Popular Posts

Followers